Wednesday, May 04, 2011

What Grinds My Gears

Yesterday, I called a "work associate" and he said he was in a meeting, could he call back in about half an hour? Sure, I said, knowing he wouldn't. He didn't, he always says he's in a meeting, he always says he'll call back, and he never does.
Him and many many other people, it seems like.
He called me earlier in the day yesterday, I was in the sun, sweating, holding up a satellite dish with one hand, while standing in a thorny bush, receiving multiple stab wounds, and I was able to answer his question then and there. If I can't take the call, I don't answer the phone.
If I say I'm going to do something, I do my best to do it. If someone tells me they're going to do something, I can bet that it probably won't get done.

I woke up in a bad mood over this, I find it very irritating. It really
GRINDS MY GEARS!

3 Comments:

Blogger sunshine said...

I agree with you 100%, I can't stand it when people do that, it's rude and unprofessional.
Next time the person says that they will call you back, just say:
"Yeah, is that a call back for today or for the last time you said you'll call me back but you didn't" LOL!

May 04, 2011 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Mark, it seems like it's the way of the world right now. The younger generation doesn't want to work, won't return calls, and the majoriety of them don't give a damn. They want you to call them right back, but they don't return the favor. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of hard working people out there, but as a whole the generation now is the pits when it comes for the work force...debbie

May 04, 2011 12:37 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I feel the same way.
I was told the garage door guy was going to come and fix our garage door TODAY.... but of course he hasn't arrived. Prick.
And no, I don't mean a prick from a thorny bush.

May 09, 2011 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home